Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to Blogging

All right, time for me to get back to blogging on this site. I have neglected it for far too long, but for good reasons. Around the time of my last post, a good friend of mine from high school miscarried, and then a long time neighbor gave birth some 20 weeks early and eventually lost the baby. Both shook me pretty hard, and out of consideration for them, I stopped blogging and especially posting updates on Facebook, at least for a little while. I couldn't imagine being in their position and having to hear from other women gushing about every obscene detail of their pregnancy.

But as the weeks went on, I've had more questions about Aiden and how we are doing that I think it is time to get back to updating this weekly. After talking to another good friend of mine, she convinced me updating everyone wasn't obscene (just as long as it isn't every hour!), especially when I have so many people who love us and want the best for us. So, thank you everyone who have bugged me about getting back to this!

What has happened in the meantime:
  • We chose a nursery theme! Unfortunately, it wasn't any of the pictures I originally put up! We are doing green and brown elephants - it is so super cute! But thank you for all your votes! It really helped me narrow down was I was looking for in a theme.
  • I've been officially labeled "high risk" - I have high blood pressure and have a high risk for preeclampsia. However, my doctor isn't extremely worried about it. She wants to keep an eye on both Aiden and me. I had a sonogram about a month ago that showed that Aiden is growing very well - almost too well! He was 4 and 1/2 pounds at that point! He is at least 5 pounds now, possibly more. Dr. Collins says that he will be "normal to big size", which means he won't be under 7 pounds! I get another sonogram next Monday and I will be put on monitors for about an hour to monitor his heart rate. I'll let you know how that goes. She has moved my due date from February 11th to the 7th, because of my blood pressure and his weight. I will say that I absolutely love my doctor. She is incredibly kind, but honest when it comes to both our health. I really feel she wants what it best for both Aiden and I and really takes into consideration my anxieties and expectations.
  • We started the child birthing classes yesterday. I absolutely love the Medical City of Lewisville. The staff is fabulous, the rooms are really nice and, best of all, it is 7 minutes from my house!! We mostly watched videos on childbirth (reminded me of my Marriage and Family class in college ::shudder::), but then we went on a tour of the facilities afterwards. One of the best things was the monitoring system for the babies. All babies get a sensor tag around their ankles. If the tag gets too close to an exit, elevators or stairs, the alarm sounds, the elevators shut down and staff is posted at all the exits. It made me feel really good.
  • We have received so many wonderful cards and gifts from friends from all over - thank you all so much! I will be starting my thank you cards BEFORE Aiden is born instead of after - I'm afraid they won't get done!
  • I'm feeling decent on a day to day basis. I do have some rough days, but they aren't usually back to back. I'm mostly tired and out of energy by 4-5pm, even on days off from work. I'm sleeping on my mom's awesome brown recliner - the same recliner she slept on when she was pregnant with me and my sisters (and possibly my older brother, but I can't remember)! I'm able to breathe and get a full night's rest on the recliner vs. my bed. The bed is comfy, but Aiden loves to move toward my diaphragm and lungs when I lay down.
Overall, I'm feeling excited and anxious for this all to be over. I can't wait to hold Aiden, to hear him giggle and cry, to even cuddle with him. But even though I'm excited, I'm not even close to what Dan is feeling like. He tells me every day how excited he is and how much he is looking forward to having Aiden (and having me back!).

We are working on the nursery this weekend - I will post pictures once it is all done!

1 comment:

  1. Due date in February.... My word, girl - how did all of this time pass us by?

    I'm sorry to hear about your friends who have experienced heartbreaks that I can't even fathom. I pray that God holds them close. *hug*

    I'm so glad that you guys are doing well! I'm glad to see the update. And I'm hoping to get a gift to you soon - though I'm wondering now if it'll make it before Aiden is born. lol You might get it afterward. Hope that's all right. ;)

    *hugs* Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete