Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Little Ducky

I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday asking if I could come in a day early to do the sonogram. Of course I said yes! Take a look at this:

(Click on picture for a bigger version)

It looks a bit like a rubber ducky. :) The top is the head, the little black dot is the brain and it's laying on its back at the moment. Or at least that is what the tech told us. As we were walking back to the car, Dan said, "To be honest, I have no idea what I'm looking at." I replied, "I don't think anyone really does."

The coolest part was hearing the heartbeat. 150 beats per minutes - she said that it was very strong. I nearly cried. That right there was the biggest confirmation that I have a little person inside me. So strange to think about that, but wow. Just....wow. God is good.

Another piece of news? Baby looks like 7 weeks, not 9 weeks (how she could tell, I'll never know. And I don't think I want to know...). Now we aren't due until February 11th! Yay!!! I really wanted a February baby, and now I might have a Valentine's Day baby! Ideas for the nursery?? Maybe my Classic Winnie the Pooh may be altered....

So to answer a few of the comments from last week: My OB is Dr. Rebecca Collins, North Texas OBGYN. I meet with her on the 14th. No, I will not be doing an at home birth. Gross. Hospital all the way. Just in case there are complications, I'd rather already be in the hospital instead of a few miles away. I don't like doctors, but I do trust them. Aaaand, gross.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Harrison Family! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to meet the little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Wars would be a good nursery theme. Yoda. We could knit a little Yoda hat with ears.

    Yes...I'm joking. ;)

    I'm so happy for you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete